A Bridgewater youth accused in an alleged plot to attack high schools in Nova Scotia and Manitoba is facing a new charge.
The 15-year-old appeared by video Thursday in youth court in Bridgewater from the Waterville Youth Detention Centre.
The Crown withdrew the original two-count information and replaced it with one that includes a new charge of counselling someone to commit an indictable offence.
The youth is also charged with uttering death threats and conspiracy to commit murder.
The allegations have not been tested in court.
A bail hearing that had been tentatively scheduled for this week is now set for July 14.
Both lawyers told the court they need more time to review a report prepared for the bail hearing.
Bridgewater Police arrested the youth in March.
Police have said they searched a home and found handwritten plans and imitation weapons, including an imitation pipe bomb and imitation assault rifle.
Investigators have said they were first alerted to the alleged plot by Interpol and the FBI after online communications were discovered.
The case also involves a 14-year-old youth in Manitoba.
RCMP in Manitoba added charges last month, including conspiracy to commit murder, against the youth accused in that province.


